Revision as of 15:02, 23 August 2009 by CrazyBassoonist
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It was one of my first robots. Besides that, not much.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- Its best version was in the 110's, but that was with a bug causing it to often disable itself.
- How does it move?
- Adapting Stop And Go, trying to avoid the movement distance where it was previously hit and the movement distance that it was hit at last after it's current movement distance. The movement needs a lot of work, I plan for that to be my next update to it.
- How does it fire?
- Averaged velocity and heading circular targeting, segmented on enemy velocity, and the last place I hit the enemy robot. I'm working on giving it the ability to add and take away the segmentation on last hit location, but as of now it's not very good at figuring out when it needs to do that.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- It's a one-on-one bot.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Where did you get the name?
- I went to wikipedia and hit "random article" until I found a name that sounded cool.
- Can I use your code?
- Knock yourself out.
- What's next for your robot?
- Make the movement better. Right now the robot is 90% gun, and movement is much more
important than targeting.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- The previous version of my robot. It was written a long time ago, not long after I found Robocode, but it had a strange effectiveness so I decided to start working on it again.
- The original version and the one currently in the rumble. This version featured a crude, unsegmented averaged velocity circular targeter and non-adapting random movement. Best rating was 150 in the minirumble.
- Released at the same time as 1.0, this version was the same except that it featured a Stop And Go movement designed to trick simple targeters as well as the random movement. Worse than the first version.
- The current development version, unreleased as of May 17, 2009.