|Released||30 August, 2008|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- My first Pattern Matcher NanoBot. It uses a home-made movement which seems to be very competitive... :)
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- Quite. Assertive 0.3 is a top 20 nano and a top 300 bot in the general RoboRumble
- How does it fire?
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It's not a bullet-dodger howsoever it seems to be.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds it saves lateral velocity for the Pattern Matching (and everything else, too, because static variables cost less codesize :P), between matches nothing.
- Where did you get the name?
- I created a movement, looked at it for a while then opened a dictionary and that was the perfect name...
- Can I use your code?
- What's next for your robot?
- Now I'm working on my first MicroBot, but I think I should do something against Head-on Targeting. :)
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Not really, but my everlasting testingBots are Splinter, Nanolaulectrik, AceSurf, NanoAndrew, DoctorBob, PulsarNano, etcetera...
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- I examined FunkyChicken's SymbolicPatternMatching gun to learn this targeting method. In Assertive I implemented a slightly modified version of it.