RoboRumble/Contributing to RoboRumble
ATTENTION: This article is not about entering a new robot into RoboRumble. Enter here.
You should consider contributing to RoboRumble and the Robocode community, by donating spare computer time to execute battles between bots (similar to the Folding@home and SETI@Home projects). The process is fully automated, so there is no pain in doing it.
Run it as much as you can! The more you run it, the faster everybody's bots will be ranked. Report problems here.
- Make sure you are using Java SE 8. Older versions of Java may not work with certain bots, and Robocode 184.108.40.206 currently has problems when running on Java 9.
- Make a new, clean installation of the version of Robocode (download) that matches what LiteRumble indicates is allowed.
roborumble/[roborumble/meleerumble/teamrumble/twinduel].txtand change the
Put_Your_Name_Hereto your preferred username.
- Extract the latest bot archive (35.9 MB zip file) into the "robots" directory.
- (Optional) On newer CPUs on which you are planning to run RoboRumble exclusively, disable Dynamic Overclocking.
There you go!
- Run 1v1 battles with
- Run melee battles with
- Run team battles with
- Run twin duel battles with
RoboRumble bot JARs
- The latest bot archive (35.9 MB). It contains the JARs of all robots in the rumble, automatically updated on an hourly basis. Unzip them into your
- Earlier bot archives
- All JARs that have ever been submitted into the RoboRumble (GitHub mirror)
Useful options in roborumble.txt
- USER ‒ Your name/handle, used for identification of your roborumble client.
- BATTLESPERBOT ‒ The minimum number of battles a bot needs before it stops getting priority.
- NUMBATTLES ‒ The number of battles fought on each run of roborumble
- ITERATE ‒ Whether to run battles indefinitely.
- UPLOAD ‒ Can be used to disable uploading. Disable uploading when testing a version of Robocode NOT allowed by the server. Not really necessary, as the current server will reject results from incorrect versions anyway.
Remove the following files or directories:
And try again.