|Best Rating||1783 (91th)|
This robot will not be update for a long time to allow me to develop all planned new techniques. If you want to know my new idea, I'll take it on /Version2Ideas.
Take BasicSurfer, segmented the surfing stat, add rolling average, increased bins to 1001, change BinSmoothing and debugging graphics to something like DrussGT, add a flattener (which look like a hill). Now the movement is complete (I take 2 hours a day for 10 days!) so I started work on gun, at first I take a look at PEZ's VirtualBulletBot, but I don't want to use CustomEvent (I must have good class structure!) so I start on my own. I try to fit the DCBot's gun into virtual gun but it doesn't so I try a simple targeting and took a Pattern Matcher from Simonton's bot :). That's the 0.1.
Now, add more buffers, remove that very bad flattener, and surf multiple waves. Write debugging graphics. Fix all the bugs and that is, version 0.1.05.
Let's see classic template:
- What's special about it?
- It's my truly first robot!
and I think it has most bins in its surfing stats! Currently have 5 * 5 * 3 * 3 * 3501 = 787725!bins (distance * move time * acceleration * near wall * BINS) plus another 5 buffers result in 1687482 bins! (the bin is double, which take 16 bytes, so it consume 26999712B/26367KB/26MB of memory. Remember, more buffers is to be added!)And it is huge memory eater!
- How competitive is it?
- Fairy. Sometimes beat Phoenix in my test (but not Shadow or Dookious)
- How does it move?
- Wave Surfing: true surfing style base on BasicSurfer. Also has very bad flattener which force-disabled for now.
- How does it fire?
- Virtual Guns Array:
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Surfing Stat, Virtual Gun rating, GF stats and Pattern data between round.
- Does it have any debugging graphics?
- Yes, it has. I think it as good as in Phoenix
- It currently write an enemy distance and hit rate , flattener status, currently gun, and virtual gun rating table. It's also draw enemy waves, its future positions, and virtual bullets.
- I think it will win wave competitions if has, the picture may not clear, but I think it has the most beautiful wave ever.
- Try it yourself, the currentlt picture is not clear and beautiful.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure, under term of NPL/1.0.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- DrussGT, Phoenix, Shadow, Dookious: these my testbed and I still expected them to be defeated :)
- (test with top bot are good in Premier League, but I will never got first rank by ELO/APS rating!)
- What the next for your robot.
- I planned to create new movement technique, I will explain it later when it's finished :)
- Also with new gun! Current Simonton's gun and RaikoGun is just temporary guns.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- BasicSurfer! (the Wave Surfing), DrussGT (some of the BinSmoothing and debugging graphics), WeeklongObsession (the SingleTick PM gun), Raiko (the gun), Dookious (the distance control).
Credit should go to:
- ABC, inventor of Wave Surfing.
- Paul Evans, inventor of GuessFactor targeting.
- Voidious, the author of Dookious and BasicSurfer.
- Simonton, author of SingleTick PM.
- Jam... (I don't remember his name), for his Raiko.
- Skilgannon, for his DrussGT.
- Rednaxela, for his answer on WaveSurfingQuestion.
- and other people on the wiki!