|Targeting||Dynamic Clustering, Play-It-Forward|
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement, HOT-Dodging|
- What's special about it?
- Well I suppose that...
- How competitive is it?
- Currently #4th in the melee rumble...
- How does it move?
- A form of Minimum Risk Movement. It has a bit of a unique point-choosing method, don't know if this does any good. It factors a "Will I hit an imaginary HOT-fired bullet on the way there?" danger into it's movement.
- How does it fire?
- A DC-PIF gun named Hypothermia, which is most closely related to Shadow/Melee Gun probably.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- It doesn't pick on anyone in particular, it just goes for wherever looks likely to hit someone :)
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing between matches. Between rounds, full movement logs of enemies and the kd-tree indexing that data.
- Where did you get the name?
- It's development moved along somewhat slowly, and I decided I was in the mood for an icy theme.
- Can I use your code?
- It's under zlib licence so feel free, but I strongly encourage you to not just lift the whole gun and put it on a new bot of your own. Be original!
- What's next for your robot?
- Some strong 'Melee Surfing' perhaps?
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Well Diamond is currently the biggest threat, but Portia and Shadow also need to be overcome...
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- The code is mostly new, but here is a list of credits to other bots, both my own and otherwise:
- MiniSurreptitious - The basis of the min-risk movement (which was HawkOnFire-inspired)
- RougeDC - The MovementProfile class from RougeDC was adapted to work for a continuous circle to make RadialAimProfile.
- SaphireEdge - The bot framework was built around the time of SaphireEdge.
- Shadow - For popularizing the idea of targeting everyone at once in melee.
- Portia - For inspiring the current bullet-dodging behaviour.
- HawkOnFire - The bulletPower formula currently in use is based on that used in HawkOnFire