|Best Rating||APS: 85.57 (8th)|
- What's special about it?
- It's the first bot I made featuring Wave Surfing and GuessFactor Targeting and was my ticket to The 2000 Club. It has nothing special to defend itself against the top-bots, while the movement is tuned against simple targeters. It uses Precise Intersection (gun only), and binsmoothing is not used in gun nor movement.
- It is the best Dutch bot.
- Where did you get the name?
- It is my translation of the combination Guess and Surfer. All my bots start with 'Gr' and 'sufferd' is someone like Disney's Goofy.
- How does it move?
- It uses Wave Surfing, currently segmented on absolute velocity, wallproximity and acceleration. No rolling depth (decaying old data) is present.
- How does it fire?
- It uses GuessFactor Targeting, segmented on 'time since velocity change', absolute lateral velocity, wallproximity and 'distance last 14 ticks'. The latest versions use Precise Intersection and simulated precise MEA. It has a second gun with exact the same configuration, only the stats are decaying over time.
- Does it have any WhiteWhales?
- Mirror bots, especially PolishedRuby, the bots of darkcanuck, Tron and Tigger are always a hard nut to crack.
- What's next for your robot?
- The gun is as good as done, no specific things are on the list. The movement will need much more attention, it has hardly changed in the last years and it is relatively weak. A flattener is under construction, and a Bullet Shadow implementation will be next. For these I need to increase the number of bins from 37 to at least twice as much, so a lot of retweaking is necessary in that field. Also a Precise Intersection implementation is probably needed for the latter, although I have bad experiences with that. Adding another segmentation in the movement is lurking on the back of my mind. I really like to pass Dookious as it is the best 'old-fashioned' bot.
GresSuffurd is for the largest part my own achievement. However, it would not have come this far without the ideas and sometimes pieces of code from others.
- It is based upon Kawigi's GuessFactorTargeting Tutorial and Voidious' Wave Surfing Tutorial, including all their credits like Paul Evans, ABC, PEZ, rozu and Jamougha.
- The Precise Intersection seems a collective effort of Krabb, Rednaxela and Skilgannon
- The proper onDeath handling is thought up by David Alves, although it is obsolete since Robocode 1.5.
- The ini-file handling comes from Loki.
- For the idea of pluggable movement and gun I must thank PEZ.
- The movement debuggraphics are inspired by Voidious' Diamond
- The Energy Drop detection and WallAvoidance is initially taken from my older bot GrubbmGrb.
- Last but not least I must thank Krabb for the drive to change instead of tweak, by racing for The2000Club.