|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement|
Shiz was the general of the last army to oppose Coriantumr, and he was the last man killed by Coriantumr. He tried to take down Coriantumr, after Coriantumr killed his brother, Lib, in battle.
Now the name of the brother of Lib was called Shiz. And it came to pass that Shiz pursued after Coriantumr, and he did overthrow many cities, and he did slay both women and children, and he did burn the cities. And there went a fear of Shiz throughout all the land; yea, a cry went forth throughout the land—Who can stand before the army of Shiz? Behold, he sweepeth the earth before him! (Ether 14:17, 18)
Shiz was named for the second to last man standing.
- What's special about it?
- The first big micro melee bot I know of since HawkOnFire was released. I think no one thought they would be able to compete with HawkOnFire. It's been awhile...
- How competitive is it?
- Very competitive, at #2 in the MicroBot Melee rankings.
- How does it move?
- It uses Minimum Risk Movement. With very little lost from Coriantumr. See Coriantumr's and FloodHT's pages for a little more information.
- How does it fire?
- Roughly head-on. It doesn't really fire head on, simply because it fires blind, so it probably fires a little behind head-on normally, but I suspect that's ok.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Shiz doesn't dodge bullets, it just tries not to be shot at. I suppose that's not quite consistent with its vengeful namesake. It does generally avoid head-on targeting, though.
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- Really doesn't differ, except as a sort of side-effect of the nature of the battles. For once, this is one bot that doesn't realize one-on-one battles exist.
- How does the team strategy differ from its other strategies?
- It assumes that its teammates aren't shooting at it (so it doesn't worry about perpendicularity against them), and it doesn't shoot at teammates. There's probably a few other things, too.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- It picks the closest to fire at, picks everyone to avoid, particularly those who it deems likely to target it.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Can I use your code?
- The code is there, since it came from Coriantumr and Coriantumr is released under the Kawigi Public License, I would encourage you to follow those terms when using those parts of Shiz's code. See Coriantumr's page.
- What's next for your robot?
- Tweak it, shrink it, improve the team strategy.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Coriantumr, and indirectly on any robot that Coriantumr was based on.