|Targeting||Dynamic Clustering, using precise Guess Factors|
|Movement||Wave Surfing/True Surfing with Dynamic Clustering|
What's special about it?
It is sub-pixel precise with both movement and gun, and I think it TrueSurfs slightly differently to most other bots...
How competitive is it?
Quite. 14th overall in it's first release.
How does it dodge bullets?
By keeping tabs on which Guess Factors the enemy is most likely to shoot at in different circumstances, and avoiding them
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds it saves all the targeting and movement data, between matches nothing
Where did you get the name?
Wintermute is part of an Artificial Intelligence in the book Neuromancer. Due to Turing regulations the AI was not allowed to be completed, so it was built in 2 pieces, Wintermute and Neuromancer. Wintermute was programmed with the compulsion to wish to merge with Neuromancer, to create a super-AI that could have both intelligence and personality.
Can I use your code?
Sure, but under the following terms:
- Your bot MUST be OpenSource.
- You give credit in your code, and in any documentation of your bot.
- Pleeaase don't just take my bot, tweak it and release it under another name. Rather tell me about the changes, and I'll give you credit. =)
- Use of this code without my personal permission in ANY competition WHATSOEVER is strictly prohibited.
What's next for your robot?
- A flattener
- A precise Anti-Surfer gun
- Updating the movement weights off of misses
- Getting the MissSurfing working fully
- Tuning the danger function
- And many, many, many more...
Does it have any WhiteWhales?
Anything that can hit simple surfers?
What other robot(s) is it based on?
DrussGT - the gun is a refined version