If you find any bugs or run into any problems with the server, please report them on the discussion page. I'll put them here once I've had a chance to review. -- Darkcanuck
- Slow results upload If you see poor performance, please let me know on the discussion page! As the database continues to grow new issues may crop up.
- FAIL. Survival count should total 34 for roborumble. This check was added based on a suggestion by GrubbmGait to prevent melee results from being sent to the rumble results by a misconfigured client. But I believe this condition may also happen if both bots crash? I'm noticing a disproportionately large number from "ags.rougedc.RougeDC Classic" -- any ideas?
- I don't know of any cases of RougeDC Classic crashing. It certainly isn't crashing on my client. (Also: To me as author of RougeDC, it would be helpful if anyone sees it crash and details about it cashing). One note, is to my understanding the survival total may not add up as well when both bots die at the same time. I know of no reason that would happen with RougeDC more than any other bot, but it's another possible cause of survival total discrepancies. --Rednaxela 01:29, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- This was lowered from 35 to 34 in one of the recent updates. --Darkcanuck 04:40, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
- This has happened to me with gjr.Cephalosporin 0.2 (against Dummy the first time), so I ran a battle of them to see what was going on, and got the message that gjr.Cephalosporin 0.2 hasn't responded in a reasonable amount of time, no score generated, and the total battles was around 28 or so. The funniest thing is that he didn't generate score for rounds 3, 4, then 10, and some other random rounds, it didn't just got bad at point and stayed bad, I removed those entries from my results file, it happened again recently so I have it (not here). --zyx 23:35, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Server not sending battle numbers or priority pairings after upload. Missed this one reading through the client code -- it's a bit cryptic, involves special brackets and doesn't get displayed by the client. Fixed! -- Darkcanuck 18:14, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Occasional slow page loads (or slow results upload). This is due to the ratings rebuild currently in progress and should clear up once the rebuild has caught up to current results. Rebuild finished about 1 week ago --Darkcanuck 07:22, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Slow results upload This is primarily due to results being relayed to ABC's server. No longer relaying results (or importing either). --Darkcanuck 18:34, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
Invalid characters in robot name
- I saw your update about robots names, but here are some examples of bad FAILs I've been getting.
FAIL. Invalid characters in robot name "oog.Acraepheus 1.1" FAIL. Invalid characters in robot name "zyx.mega.YersiniaPestis 1.0" FAIL. Invalid characters in robot name "elvbot.ElverionBot 0.3"
--zyx 17:26, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Should be fixed now - thanks! Not sure why my client didn't see this... --Darkcanuck 18:02, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, now all battles are being uploaded. Thanks and good work :-). --zyx
Java AWT Exceptions gone crazy
Exception in thread "AWT-Shutdown" java.lang.IllegalStateException has increased 10-20x since I recently upgraded my local Java version to 1.6.0_13 (on 2 machines). It's to the point where I can no longer see any of the output text, just the lame exceptions. Can you fix this, make them silent, or tell me how to make them silent? --Miked0801 14:27, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- I have the same problem: 184.108.40.206 sends a lot of spam to the console. It works, but it's hard to read through all that output. My only suggestion is to switch back to 1.5.4 if you're not using the ITERATE option -- it's nice, stable and doesn't flood the console. --Darkcanuck 15:35, 24 May 2009 (UTC)