1.32rm: Alternate version of 1.32 with improved random mover targeting
- Same input data as 1.32, using NN training scheme designed to learn vs. random movers.
1.32: Featuring new & improved anti-surfer targeting
- New input data method to NN targeting scores very high against surfers in TC2K7.
- Fixed bug where waves were not cleared at the end of every round.
- Improved min/max reachable GF calculation and fixed related bug in NN training.
- Ranked 95 in RoboRumble -- 69.32 APS, 1689.8 ELO, 2239 battles (12-May-2009)
1.30: Reworked movement
- Orbital movements now take into account max. reachable angle
- Added dynamic distancing based on energy differential
- Removed cornering movement
- Ranked 96 in RoboRumble -- 69.29 APS, 1714.9 ELO, 3705 battles (9-May-2009)
1.28: Minor tweaks to cornering and movement selection
- Cornering no longer selected when Gaff is already cornered.
- Damage differential now reset every round
- Ranked xx in RoboRumble == 68.45 APS, 1819 ELO, 2175 battles (17-Dec-2009)
1.26: Tweaked movement to improve performance against worst ProblemBots and a selection of top bots. No targeting changes.
- Cornering movement now used only when Gaff has a significant energy advantage
- Random and dodging orbital styles selected based on current damage differential; now switches with same round if needed.
- Bullet predictor decay rate decreased dramatically for faster adaptation.
- Distancing adjusted to make orbital modes similar and decrease advantage of segmenting on distance (makes a big difference).
- Fixed some bugs in the random mode which resulted in strange moves.
- Ranked 106 in OneOnOne (1805.94pts, 2059 battles, 20-Aug-2008)
1.24: Mostly movement updates
- Smoothed out dodging orbit movement mode
- Added a random orbit (non-dodging) movement mode
- Movement selection now settles on new random mode if other two modes lose too often
- Increased bullet predictor decay rate
- Minor tweaks to targeting NN to adapt faster and handle lower bullet powers better (but no challenge score improvement)
- Ranked 97 in OneOnOne (1816.7pts, 2061 battles, 17-Aug-2008)
1.20: Further targeting improvements, many movement bug fixes
- Targeting network no longer uses hidden layers.
- Network is retrained at a slower rate but more often.
- Fixed many, many bugs in the orbital movement and bullet dodging classes.
- Removed the "oddball" movement style
- Changed the movement style selection method
- Ranked 117 in OneOnOne (1800.74pts, 2122 battles, 6-Aug-2008)
1.10: Continued improvements to targeting and some new movement
- Targeting method now trains multiple samples per firing wave
- Fixed a major bug in the bullet dodging code
- Credits for both of the above go to Rednaxela
- Added two new movement styles (orbital and "oddball") for situations where cornering isn't working out.
- Ranked 163 in OneOnOne (1768.96pts, 2225 battles, 31-Jul-2008)
1.04: Major improvements to targeting after spending some time with the targeting challenges and RoboResearch
- Now uses only one targeting method based on a small neural network with only one hidden layer
- Added GuessFactor range limiting using my FutureMove class
- Fixed a nasty bug in FutureMove that also affected dodging
- Ranked 229 in OneOnOne (1688pts, 2007 battles, 27-Jun-2008)
1.00: Initial release
- Ranked 313 in OneOnOne (1608pts, 23-Jun-2008)