Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Best Rating||APS: 65.88 (5th) mini-melee|
- What's special about it?
- It is a melee-specialist without specific melee strategy. In One on One it starts with a rather unique dodging movement (slowspeed with turboboost, see it in action against pe.SandboxLump).
- Where did you get the name?
- Gruwel can be translated as 'horror' or 'detesting', and ofcourse it starts with 'Gr'.
- How does it move?
- Oscillator movement, in One on One it first tries to dodge simple targetters with an unique Stop_and_Go. See it in action against SandBoxLump and you see what I mean.
- Unlike real meleebots, it does not care about its position on the battlefield.
- How does it fire?
- Iterative circular gun with some protection to avoid shooting straight into the wall. It selects the closest target with a small preference for current target and for weak prey.
- What's next for your robot?
- Nothing. This old bot is still difficult to beat in melee.
- Does it have family?
- It does have a little brother in micromelee, but it does not perform equally well.
- Together with it's twinbrother it forms the TwinDuel team GruwelTwins. Unlike most twins, they do not work together, they just don't shoot eachother on purpose.
This tank is completely based on free information available on this wiki. Nevertheless Loki, with his bot mini.Freya, provided the drive to improve, and an unrelated remark of PEZ lead to the idea of a distance dependent dive-in protection.