Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Best Rating||65th (Oct '10)|
- What's special about it?
- A minor special feature at the moment may be its distancing. It keeps distance by doing Wall Smoothing on a virtual circle surrounding an opponent. It's likely that this is going to change to more common way.
- How competitive is it?
- It is quite early to say that. Probably some things will change in the near future. At the time of writing this it was ranked as 87th but I think it will oscillate depending on how good or bad next updates will be.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Lynx uses ideas from various sources. At least following bots have had influence on it: Apollon, DrussGT, Komarious, BasicGFSurfer and Raiko. See the source code for details. Initially Lynx was built using wiki.BasicGFSurfer as a basic structure. Its implementation of WaveSurfing was taken from it and modified a bit to fit to Lynx's structure. Later I replaced its segmentation with segmentation used in Komarious (after that Lynx was ranked 65th being 87th before it).
- Can I use your code?
- Sure. One of my goals was and is to focus on reusing existing techniques and components and attempting to make them even more reusable. However, all functions or code pieces may not yet have credits to original authors.