Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Targeting||Anti-aliased and interpolated Visit Count Stats, using Guess Factors|
- Version History
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- My first bot in the rumble to use the SaphireEdge gun, which I began over a year back (Wow! Time files!)
- Thus, it's the second bot in the rumble to use Visit Count Stats with full interpolation and anti-aliasing between segments. The first being SaphireEdge-inspired usage in WaveSerpent.
- It's the only surfer I know that ranks as high as it does yet doesn't segment it's surfing data on anything except advancing and lateral velocity... I wonder if this surprises anyone or not.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- Over here! Can't you see the infobox? :)
- How competitive is it?
- Well... RougeDC wasn't bad to start off with... and it looks like SaphireEdge has improved things overall.
- How does it move?
- Orbital Wave Surfing movement. Changes attack angle in an attempt to controlled the distance.
- How does it fire?
- Visit Count Stats with full interpolation and anti-aliasing between segments. See SaphireEdge.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- As mentioned above, Wave Surfing :)
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Saves all surfing and targeting data across rounds, nothing across matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- Oh... nothing really... haha
- Can I use your code?
- Not sharing this one's code in public, at least right now. Mostly because the melding of the bot framework SaphireEdge uses and the bot framework RougeDC uses is awfully messy at the moment, because for now my first priority was to get in a proof-of-concept state to get into the rumble.
- What's next for your robot?
- After version 1d, my first task will be implementing a much smarter automatic bullet power selection system than the one it inherits from RougeDC (which is itself the smartest such system I know of already). After that, I may toy with giving it's surfing some more advanced learning. Giving the core of the surfing a do-over will happen with Glacier first however, since I wish to make it surfing that is both melee and 1v1 capable.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- My own code from various bots, mostly RougeDC and SaphireEdge
- I'm using the "Fast Iterative Wall Smoothing" by Voidious
Credits also go to:
- ABC for inventing Wave Surfing
- Paul Evans for creating GuessFactor Targeting
- Skilgannon for making the comment that caused me to discover how great it is to use virtual gunheat waves 2 ticks before the Energy Drop is detected
- Voidious for a some inspiration in how to handle distancing
- Simonton for inspiring me with User:Simonton/DCResearch
- Jlm0924 for posting the comment on Talk:Selecting_Fire_Power/Albert that in the end caused me to decide to make Midboss.
- And everyone else on the wiki who has helped me :)