Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Targeting||HOT, Linear, Circular|
- What's special about it?
- It's very modular, and implements all of the robot interfaces rather than extending the base classes. I designed it to have a bunch of sub-systems which all communicate using messaging, something I plan to re-use wholesale for the team rumble.
- It also has a TON of unused code.
- How competitive is it?
- Likely not.
- How does it move?
- It uses a basic anti-gravity movement. It avoids other bots, the walls, and incoming bullet paths (though it assumes HOT).
- How does it fire?
- It has a basic set of rules to determine whether to aim using HOT, linear, or circular targeting. Same goes for energy selection.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Assuming every bullet is head-on targeting, it quickly scoots out of the flight path.
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- The main difference is that it doesn't exist yet.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Very little is saved between rounds. Nothing is saved between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- My long term goal is to do a little bit of everything.
- Can I use your code?
- Not yet, it's more TODO comments than actual code.
- What's next for your robot?
- Improving nearly every aspect of its performance. I plan on adding more movement modes, primarily some form of wave surfing. I want to nail down the basics before moving on, so a lot of in-depth testing, too.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Pretty much anything beyond the sample bots right now.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- It uses fast math functions developed by Skilgannon and some inspired by Rednaxela's.