Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- Raven dynamically weights its movement classifiers using gradient-based optimization.
- Raven uses a form of Go to surfing where it procedurally generates paths without aiming for any point.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- Its best is 15.
- Rednaxela, Skilgannon, Nat, Starrynyte and the other contributors I am unaware of for the FastTrig class.
- Skilgannon for the bugless, fast Kd-tree.
- Cb for the non-iterative wall smoothing.
- Rozu for the precise prediction code.
- Chase-san for the intercept method I used in my PPMEA calculations.
- AW for giving me the idea of integrating the danger function in order to get the danger value for a given bot width.
- How does it move?
- True Surfing.
- How does it fire?
- It uses GuessFactor with KNN.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Tries to minimize the number of guess factors it gets hit by based on their weights and damage.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds, it saves the kd-trees. Between matches, it doesn't save anything.
- Where did you get the name?
- It just popped into my mind and I thought it would be a proper name for a bot with machine learning.
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, I tried to make the code as clean and understandable as possible.
- What's next for your robot?
- A proper versioning system so I don't keep accidentally releasing experimental versions.
- Better Bullet Shadow Calculations.
- Tuning the guns since they haven't been tuned since the first version.
- Gun Heat Waves.
- Maybe a pre-trained movement or gun to use in the first ticks of the battle.
- Add a flattener that actually improves its scores against adaptive targeting.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Raven's Anti-Surfer targeting is very weak. Combined with lack of adaptivity and good flattening in movement, other wave surfers become huge problem bots.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- It's kind of based on WhiteFang, I have tried to copy the design but make it as precise as it can be.