- 1 Sanguijuela 0.7
- 2 Sanguijuela 0.6
- 3 Sanguijuela 0.5
- 4 Sanguijuela 0.4
- 5 Sanguijuela 0.3
- 6 Sanguijuela 0.2
- 7 Sanguijuela 0.1
Released: 20 April 2008
- Bug fix. When going to the center, stop if the discovered host is not correctly aligned.
- Internal restructuration (Code rewrite).
Some codesize left and better performance than evolution 0.6.
Released: 10 April 2008
Ratings Date: 20 April 2008
- Rollback to linear movement and targeting. The branch of evolution started with 0.4 is over.
- Bug fix that prevents Sanguijuela losing a turn when turning to face the enemy at the beginning.
- Go to the center of the territory until there is no host.
Better results than evolution 0.3 but Sanguijuela is still 7.66 points away from GrubbmThree.
Released: 2 April 2008
Ratings Battles: 3108
- Choose each round between Linear (90%) and Circular (10%) movement and targeting
- Change the calculation of the best initial Radar direction using Smash method by Starrynte. My code got the same results but with more codesize.
It was not good idea but I wanted to try it. Looking at the comparison between 0.3 and 0.4, Linear is better in a 76% of the conflictive cases. If I choose between Linear (90%) and Circular (10%) strategy then
p(ok)= p(s=L)*P(ok|s=L) + p(s=C)*P(ok|s=C) = P(ok)*P(s=L) + P(ok)P(s=C) =0.76*0.9 + 0.24*0.1 =70.8
So Sanguijuela lost 5.2% of the conflictive cases but I thought that adding this variability in the strategy could be interesting. The 0.3 (only Linear) has still better performance.
Released: 24 March 2008
Ratings Date: 1 April 2008 Battles: 2388
|General||296 / 616||1619.14|
|Mini||116 / 306||1650.26|
|Micro||72 / 209||1645.37|
- Change Radar from WideLock to NarrowLock.
- Change linear movement and targeting to circular. The predicted position of the enemy use 8 as velocity for the movement and 11 for the targeting.
Involution. After some testing I thought that a circular movement and targeting could be better than linear but, in general, it seems to be false. The previous version appears and disappears misteriously in the RoboRumble so I could make these statistics.
Released: 8 January 2008
Ratings Date: 18 January 2008 Battles: 2024
|General||253 / 604||1624.67|
|General PL||279 / 604||612|
|Mini||108 / 302||1643.79|
|Mini PL||122 / 302||338|
|Micro||67 / 203||1645.21|
|Micro PL||75 / 203||236|
- Now Sanguijuela doesn’t ignore the walls in the linear movement and targeting.
- It doesn’t bite before it is close to the enemy. (350 pixels).
Released: 6 January 2008
- Code reduced to 743. Now Sanguijuela is a MicroBot.
- Sanguijuela ignores the walls when moving and targeting.
- Done v0.3: Don’t ignore the walls and mantain the micro category.
I have tested Sanguijuela's ramming performance (V0.2) with the archived results of RamBotChallenge2K6 (two years ago) and it takes the 3rd place.
|Bot||Ramming Percentage||Overall Score|
Released: 5 January 2008
- Linear Ramming and Targeting.
- It calculates the best direction to start scanning.
- It chooses ramming with the anterior or the posterior suckers depending on host's starting position.