Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 23:21, 4 June 2019 by Origin (One would think that I would learn my lesson... English)
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement, Avoids:|
- Version History
- What's special about it?
- It is my (User:Origin) first Robocode robot. It won first place in my high school's competition.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- You can download SleepSiphon here! (github.com)
- Full source code is available here, on GitHub, under the ZLIB License.
- How does it move?
- It uses a version of Minimum Risk Movement. Generates destination points in a circle around itself. Calculates danger values for points in a straight line from its current location to that destination point based on a danger function. (Enemy Virtual Bullets data (assumes enemies are firing at it with basic methods such a HOT), distance from other enemies, distance from walls)
- How does it fire?
- It has four Virtual Guns: HOT, Linear Targeting, Circular Targeting, and Mean Targeting (Circular). Chooses the best gun for each enemy.
- Falls back to a (naive and inefficient) Displacement Vector-based KNN gun if the virtual hit rate against an enemy is below a threshold.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Enemy Virtual Bullets (predicted bullet locations, assuming it is using HOT, Linear Targeting, or Circular Targeting) are a factor in its path-point danger function (Minimum Risk Movement).
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- Attacks whoever is closest.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds, it stores information for the Displacement Vector gun. Nothing between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- This bot was an obsession of mine for several weeks. My sleep schedule suffered during that time...
- Can I use your code?
- Well, I won't stop you, but you really shouldn't. This is probably some of the most disorganized code you will ever read.
- Any use of my code must follow the ZLIB License.
- What's next for your robot?
- Nothing in the foreseeable future. SleepSiphon can be considered a closed project. I have several other ideas in the works for new ones, however.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- None presently.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?