Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement||Stop And Go, Random Movement|
- Version History
- What's special about it?
- It's my first competitive NanoBot.
- How competitive is it?
- It was once the NanoBot 1v1 champ - now it's around #16.
- How does it move?
- Splinter uses Stop And Go movement, but switches to Random Movement if it gets hit a lot in the first couple of rounds. It tries to keep a distance of about 220 from the other robot.
- How does it fire?
- It switches randomly between Linear Targeting with the other robot's velocity and Linear Targeting with a randomly determined velocity.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Splinter saves its movement mode and the total fire power it has been hit with between rounds.
- Where did you get the name?
- A splinter is tiny and painful.
- Can I use your code?
- I guess, as long as you don't copy-paste it. The code is under the terms of the RWPCL.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Splinter has some trouble with nano Pattern Matchers, but its biggest Problem Bot is Mer (-40 PBI) :P.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- The nano linear cannon is used in tons of NanoBots. The movement is sort of a super-shrunk version of Puzzle's. I got the idea of calling onHitWall(null) for reversing from WeekendObsession, but I don't feel too guilty about it because WeekendObsession uses some of Splinter's ideas.