Congratulations for your nano! It's very good for a first pattern matcher, but you must prepare, because I'm developing a super-duper nano which is not a Pugio-like beat-the-weak-hard-and-forget-about-other-pm-bots robot but a real pattern-matcher fighter! :) --HUNRobar 21:31, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Ha ha... No, it isn't my pattern matcher, it's Simonton's! I just try my movement. I didn't expect any more ranking on this bot. My interest is in mega bot now! I've some problem on codesize-limited bot because I like javac than jikes! I think you already knew that jikes generated less codesize than javac! One more thing you need to know, there are some GF around nanoboy, too. My Ocnirp movement can beat top 4 bot, but not these GF bot! » Nat | Talk » 01:44, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Ok, I thought that the pm code is not yours, but the robot is. My robots have Funkychicken's code, I think it's easier to understand and tweak. Anyway, there are 3 types of nano pm codes. One is the NanoLauLectrik, WeekendObsession etc. type of gun, second is Funkychicken's approachment and Kakuru has an own gun which works with doubles instead of a string.
Other topic: You'd laugh but I don't know about jikes. I'm not very into the low levels of programming, I'm rather interested in game programming and robocode. I just start NetBeans and have fun. But I'd be glad if you tell me more about jikes..
Another topic: Yes, I know about GF nanos, simonton and kawigi has one. GFnano D and Thnikkabot I reckon so. Your movement is strongly vulnerable to them, because it's very flat. --HUNRobar 15:09, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
I've not look at FunkyChicken or Kakuru code yet. But I know that NanoLauLectrik and WeekendObsession has difference type of gun. I know that it's symbolic pattern matching, but WeekendObsession do SingleTick matching while NanoLauLectrik does ordinary pattern matcher. For jikes, I not sure for nano bot, but for minibot, it is. On Komarious page on the old wiki, he said that jikes would save him 18 bytes. Also, when I try to compile new Conriantumr om my machine using javac, it's codesize is around 1503 which should not be occur for mini bots. To use jikes, go to robocode editor! Are you using Netbeans? Well, I've both Netbeans and Eclipse on my computer and I saw that Eclipse is better for robocode than Netbeans!
I think you should misunderstand something. My movement is not flat so the GF will hit me well! But it is flat enough to dodge simple GF. Note that flat movement is effective against GF, but truely flat movement will vulnerable to PM. I saw that current version of Ocnirp can dodge StatistBot GF better than my flat movement with Waylander flattener!
One more thing, I should deny that Ocnirp is mine. My PM gun is lift directly (the word 'modified' on its page mean only increase match length) from WeekendObsession. And I took only 10 minutes create random orbiting movement! Although I take 2 more hours to find the factor suitable for every bot.
Last thing: you can split your comment into many paragraphs as you like. Not just mix everything into one paragraph!
Depending on your distance, BFT can be anywhere from +1 to +3. Give some different numbers a shot when you get a chance. I find it very funny that all my tweaks thus far add up to a +2 to a timer :) --Miked0801 08:51, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- also, I found that having setAdjustGunForRobotTurn(true) disabled cost me 2-4% pts overall. --Miked0801 08:55, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
My distance is 160 (!!) so almost every robot will move aways from me (except the one without distance controller). This is to trash YOU, Miked0801 ;) About setAdjustGunForRobotTurn(true), I figure this out when I'm creating NanoKitty with HOT, which can beat some stop-and-go robot for its gun slippage. But it was Robar who conclude that having setAdjustGunForRobotTurn(true) for PM gun make you lose points. You will not believe me that Ocnirp 1.0 has setAdjustRadarForGunTurn(true) too! » Nat | Talk » 09:46, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Just wondering. Actually my one now is more Pugio's than Neophyte's/Moebuis' but am I think correct? Because I hard-coded BFT, I need to control get to the controlled distance quickly. My version how have huge offset, but that will make me do a zig-zag at the desired distance. But there may have performance enhancing bug again like setAdjustGunForRobotTurn(true). » Nat | Talk » 10:26, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Worse, worse and worse!
Start from 0.2 to 1.0, a big JUMP! Now from 1.0 to 1.4, all the worse and worse =( If 1.5 don't get better, I start to have no ideas what's going on as I can't figure out what distance is best for 0.92 yet. » Nat | Talk » 13:51, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, I can't test your robot now, but I took a look at the source.
- Try to make your movement react to enemy fire. I have done exactly the same with Pugio and it gained 3% APS and 5 places. :) After every tweak I test my bots with NanoAndrew, NanoLauLectrik and Acero for 2-3 battles. For example, if a tweaked version of Pugio can't reach 89-90 % against NanoAndrew, 59-60% against Acero and 40-45% against NanoLauLectrik, than I trash or improve the tweaks.
- Considering Ocnirp 1.4 at 90-95th place, there is some kind of bug or big problem with it. With a PM gun it shouldn't score lower than 50th place. --HUNRobar 06:57, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the advices. 1.4 is at #59 actually, but 1.5 is at #91 =( I now think the close problem is not good for Ocnirp, I'll try the longer distance (250 or 300 again). Only bot I tested with is Pugio 1.4 actually... (first version is tested with WeekendObsession and all Neophyte) And PM gun now are hard-coded BFT so that may be a problem (46% against N is quite unacceptable for once top-20 nanobots)