Minibot?

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Yes, I run 2 clients. More specifically 2 machines, both of which run roborumble and meleerumble, one of this additionally runs meleeTop30. As far as I can see, they have identical relevant software configuration.

I do not get it: microrumble and nanorumble seems to be fine with either of the clients, but minirumble is populated with megabots. Any idea what is going on?

As fat as I see after some tests, it is not a particular client issue. At start up, either of the clients cleans the mess, i.e. removes bogus entries. But then as it runs, it reintroduces them.

Also, both clients complain:

Could not load properties file: ./roborumble/files/codesize1v1.txt

I will report it to Fnl again.

Beaming (talk)14:41, 5 September 2014

I think I managed to fix the last part of the bug. I made a version 1.9.2.3 here, which is not official (yet). If it works, I will release it pretty much as it is. If not, I will need to work much harder to figure out what causes the problem?!

Fnl (talk)00:22, 8 September 2014

Thanks Fnl.

Now we wait till Skilgannon switches accepted clients in rumble.

Beaming (talk)01:29, 8 September 2014

1.9.2.3 is now accepted for uploads. I'll disable 1.9.2.2 when it is officially released.

Skilgannon (talk)20:03, 8 September 2014

Hi Fnl I've tried the client out a bit, and it seems to correctly remove bots at the beginning of each round, however it doesn't respect codesize for minibots when deciding which rumbles the results of a battle should be uploaded to. This may be due to the priority battles for that rumble requesting those bots, I'm not sure.

Skilgannon (talk)21:19, 8 September 2014

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:

  • The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
  • You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.

You can view and copy the source of this page.

Return to Thread:Talk:Gilgalad/Minibot?/reply (15).

 

I will dig into the RoboRumble client sources. I haven't touched RR for a long time, so it is odd that it causes problems with newer versions. Perhaps the change was made around version 1.9.0.0? Anyways. I hope it is okay to upload newer 1.9.2.3 version to check if the problems is fixed when I make new fixes/adjustments to the code? :-)

Fnl (talk)22:40, 8 September 2014
 

I am not able to find any obvious bugs on the client side that could cause this trouble. I checked all changes on the RoboRumble client sources since version 1.8.2.0. Could it be some configuration issue or a change on the server side?

Fnl (talk)23:50, 8 September 2014
 

Okay. I checked all changed made to the RoboRumble since version 1.8.2.0 and found a potential bug regarding a check for the codesize. I made a "rollback" of the code so it works the same way as for version 1.8.2.0 and earlier. I made a new version 1.9.2.3 that needs to be tested. It looks okay to me when it runs, but I need you to test it thoroughly.

If it works I will make a release of the new 1.9.2.3 ASAP.

Fnl (talk)22:45, 12 September 2014

Dear Fnl,

It looks like this release fixed the situation. I do not see anything wrong with the minirumble anymore.

Thanks a lot for your effort.

Beaming (talk)02:03, 13 September 2014

Phew. This one was a hard one to fix. It was almost a one-liner bug, but still hard to find. :-) I will make a official release as soon as possible - hopefully later today. :-)

Fnl (talk)11:15, 15 September 2014

Thank you very much Fnl :-) I will disable uploads for 1.9.2.2 as soon as you make the new official release.

Skilgannon (talk)14:51, 15 September 2014

Robocode 1.9.2.3 has just been released. :-)

Fnl (talk)21:13, 15 September 2014