Also, a better CAPTCHA is needed, MathCaptcha is too easy.
I think a question-based CAPTCHA would work. Questions such as:
- Q: "Name a sample bot." A: One of ["Corners", "Crazy", "Fire", "Interactive", "Interactive_v2", "MyFirstRobot", "MyFirstJuniorRobot", "PaintingRobot", "RamFire", "SittingDuck", "SpinBot", "Target", "TrackFire", "VelociRobot", "Walls"]
- Q: "Name a robot base class." Q: One of ["Robot", "JuniorRobot", "AdvancedRobot", "TeamRobot"]
- Q: "What is the default battlefield size (WIDTHxHEIGHT)?" A: "800x600"
- Q: "What is the default number of rounds?" A: "10"
- Q: "What is the name of the sample bot in the 'samplesentry' package?" A: "BorderGuard"
I like the question based CAPTCHA. I have a low profile wiki where it is enabled for registration, and questions keeps spamers away...mostly. From time to time there is a renegade human who reveal the answer, and spam bots invade. But than I change the question. Last time I changed it was more than a year ago.
Another good measure would be to put all messages from newly registered users in a pre-moderated pool until they prove themselves.
Overall, I think our fort is holding, we just need a way to summon admins a bit faster.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.MultiplyByZer0 (talk)
Return to Thread:Talk:Main Page/Wiki spam/reply (3).