is wiki css broken?
← Thread:Talk:Main Page/is wiki css broken?/reply (3)
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.MultiplyByZer0 (talk)
Same here. That's why I suspect the cause is js resources. However this issue seems to happen some time, and disappear some time. Maybe browser caches that once it successfully loads.
I see something else in Firefox:
SyntaxError: illegal character load.php:1:190
When I go to
After character 190 it is a bunch of strange characters. I guess something was corrupted on the database?
It seems there are two separate problems then.
Everyone who sees
Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token is:
- Using Monobook (the default skin), either by choice or by not being logged in.
- Experiencing this problem continuously.
- The root cause is that this script, which should contain jQuery and MediaWiki frontend code, has parts of it overwritten with 155648 0x00 bytes.
- Because that script does not parse, the loading process is broken.
- This probably requires a server-side fix.
- People seeing this: Skilgannon
Meanwhile, everyone who sees
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined is:
- Using the Vector skin.
- Using Chrome.
- Experiencing this problem intermittently.
- For the Vector skin, this script, which contains jQuery and MediaWiki frontend code, it perfectly fine.
- However, that script is loaded by this script through document.write() of a <script> tag.
- Chrome is known to block the use of document.write() to load scripts on slow Internet connections.
- Thus, since the script that contains and exposes jQuery is not loaded, other code that depends on it errors with
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined.
- Possible fix: Go to chrome://flags, set "Block scripts loaded via document.write" to "Disabled", and restart your browser.
- People experiencing this: Xor and past me