What is wrong with meleerumble?
That's because nobody is running a client for it. You're welcome to run it yourself, unfortunately I had to stop the client I was running when I moved out of my old lab.
I find it impossible to run a client for meleerumble, robocode just crushes on attempt to submit results. I have no such problem for roborumble, which continues to happily accept my CPU cycles :)
But someting is broken in meleerumble robocode. Here is the relevant part of the console log for ./meleerumble.sh v184.108.40.206 run
RESULT = mld.Wisdom 1.0 wins, bayen.UbaMicro 1.4 is second. Fighting battle 2 ... dq.Finity 0.2,jangs.ns51 1.0,simonton.micro.Sprout 1.1.3,baal.nano.N 1.42,ap.Frederick 1.1,amk.jointstrike.JointStrike 0.2,cs.sheldor.Talon 1.1,bvh.mini.Fenrir 0.39,arthord.NanoSatanMelee Beta,fullsail.TimbotNoPrediction 1.0 Can't load 'dq.Finity 0.2' because it is an invalid robot or team. RESULT = simonton.micro.Sprout 1.1.3 wins, bvh.mini.Fenrir 0.39 is second. Uploading results ... OK. Portia vs Improved added to queue in 5ms Exception in thread "Application Thread" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2 at net.sf.robocode.roborumble.netengine.ResultsUpload.uploadResults(ResultsUpload.java:176) at roborumble.RoboRumbleAtHome.main(RoboRumbleAtHome.java:137)
I just tried a client and it is working fine, so it seems like a problem with your install. Delete the /robocode/roborumble/files and /robocode/roborumble/temp directories and try again.
Thanks Skilgannon. Above recipe fixed the issue.
But I find it strange, I am quite sure that I was trying to run it from the fresh install.