Number of rounds and battlefield size
← Thread:User talk:Chase-san/NeoRoboRumbleParticipants/Number of rounds and battlefield size
I would prefer if the number of rounds were kept at 1 instead of 3. I don´t care if the client keeps uploading data most of the time. The time taken to stabilize the scores will be fast either way.
I would also prefer if battlefield size were 800x600. So NeoRumble becomes a benchmark for RoboRumble 1v1.
I can upload all battles again in the case of a database reset.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.— Chase-san
Additionally the neoroborumble was mostly made for new (robot) participants. So they didn't have to go through the pain of fighting the rankings with 600 other, possibly very older robots.
I was going to remove the some of the seed robots after more got added, but that never happened really.
Increasing the number of battles per batch from 10 to, maybe 350, can workaround the issue of constant uploads.
Testing locally, I noticed 1 round and 3 rounds have a lot of difference. Combat does about 45% average against Seraphim in 3 rounds, and about 18% average in 1 round. Uploading lots of battles averages out unlucky positions.
And its funny to see the client console scrolling with a lot of battle results popping up fast.
I suppose I can reset it to a single round if we do that.
Wow doing that makes me feel like Robocode should have some kind of bulk upload method, instead of one at a time.
Suggest setting it to at most 200 battles at a time. :)
I think the same whenever I see a client uploading 45 pairings per battle in meleerumble.
...as a comment, I was working in another client/server optimized for batch processing, including batch uploads, but after working 2 weeks in a GAE compatible server, I discovered they don´t accept free deploys anymore. So the project is stuck.
Wouldn't it be as simple as something like.
- Take all items in results text file
- Transfer it to the server via POST
- Server reads each entry and puts it where it belongs.
- You're done.