Best laid plans
So I started with an idea for a simple extension to my micro bot to extend it to a mini.
That plan expanded as I saw some space savings that would allow me to make a few changes to the micro bot.
Then I had an idea for a new nano variant of my venerable NeophyteSRAL bot, which then turned into two ideas and then 4 new bots!
Fortunately preliminary testing caused 3 of those to be discarded :)
Swiftly followed by another idea which also proved workable :(
Then I decided while I was at it I might as well update (and hopefully improve) my old nanobots, before updating the micro and then starting work on the mini. So much for this being a quick update. So the current count is:
- Updates to 3 old nanos (1 almost done so far).
- Finish the 2 new nanos (both written, but not tuned/optimised yet).
- Update microbot (pages of notes, not much progress yet).
- Write minibot (pages of notes, no actual code yet, waiting for the micro as that will be the start point).
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Sheldor (talk)
Yes, I've seen the char trick and will be _borrowing_ it ;-)
Not sure about the averages. Oscillators were not that common back when I first wrote these bots, but now the orbit/osc/random move pattern is common amongst top bots and powerful, so something to combat it is required.
One of the new experimental nanos specificly detects and can combat osc, unfortunately that then tends to make it weaker against true random and longer osc periods. C'est la vie. It and the other updates will require some extensive benchmarking to find the best values. It is a pity my test harness is not multithreaded.