So I did a quick survey of the top 50 or so nanobots.
I was not particularly surprised to find that a lot used pattern matching guns of one kind or another, but I was a little surprised that "a lot" was really A LOT !.
I counted 27 pattern guns in the top 50. 27! Many predate it, but quite a few are derived from WeekendObsession, which was one of the first to really shrink the pattern gun code.
Less little black book (a special case) and rammers like Sabreur and Caligula (also a special case) that is an overwhelming dominance of pattern guns in the nano arena.
This leads me to a few conclusions:
- I had better put a bit more movement effort into combating pattern guns.
- I'm glad I have contributed some new non-pattern guns to the store of nano-robo knowledge.
- I'm kinda proud that I have 5 bots with non-pattern guns in the top 20.
- This has now removed any remaining qualms I had about stealing Yatagan's movement and using it in PralDeGuerre.
I now fully intend to see how high I can push the PRAL gun up the rankings. 3rd is likely. 2nd is possible. 1st is probably out of reach, but let Yatagan and his devilish pattern gun sit uneasily on his throne...
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Voidious (talk)
Return to Thread:User talk:Nz.jdc/Survey Results/reply.