My name is Doruk Sekercioglu. I am a 13 years old Turkish student in high-school. Doing robocode as a hobby. Probably the youngest one here(There are bots older than me=)). I started robocode last year and I thought that head-on targeting was the best targeting method and circling around the enemy was the best movement because head-on targeting couldn't hit it =). I am checking the wiki like 6 times a week and improving my bots.
- Extends Robot, Spin Gun, Square movement
- (My plan was to make this bot beat every bot but I thought that the only bots were the sample bots) Extends Robot, Smarter Ramming
- I saw Diamond vs Shadow on Youtube and I said "Wow I should make a robot like this" Result: Fire, Go back, Go ahead, Fire again
There are like 25 other bot I will skip them.
- Golem, Cyclops, Phoenix, DeadKnight
- All of them keeps the track of enemy energy and moves to dodge
- M103, T62A, Obj742?(I don't remember)
- All of them circles the enemy and fires at the enemy.
- I thought that nobody could hit any of them(I thought that Diamond and Shadow was firing randomly =))
After Downloading Rapture
Rapture is not a very strong bot (601 currently) but it had pattern matching and just beat my bots in a second. Then everything changed about robocode.
- Some sort of random movement, Tried to do linear targeting. UNRELEASED
- My first bot in the rumble bot but I needed to wait for 5 months to put it into roborumble because I didn't know how to.
- (Thanks very much to Beaming and Skilgannon they helped me a lot)
Tomahawk used DC-PIF for everything but I didn't normalised the weights so while distance was weighted 1200; velocity was 16.
Things I Invented When I Was Improving Tomahawk
- Random Movement
- MinimumRisk Movement
- Angular Minimum Risk Movement(Instead of looking distances it looked at angular difference).
- Linear Gun(It was changing it's fire power to shoot)
- Circular Gun(Just a complicated formula and needed to change fire power to hit the enemy)
- Mean Linear/Circular
- Laser Targeting
- Virtual Guns
- GF -1/0/1 gun(Precise MEA)
- Non-Segmented VCS Gun
- KNN with PIF, GF and Displacement Vectors.
- KNN with kernel density but I didn't know what kernel density was.
- Wave Surfing by looking to the graphics of Diamond
After Finding Robowiki
I saw everything that I found and a lot more was here. I just started to read it everyday when I get bored.
- My first good bot. I wrote the whole code on my own but I used Rednaxela's 3rd gen Kd-tree.
Best Ranking: 114
Best Ranking: 86
- Neural bot set on BasicGFSurfer with a MLP Gun and a MLP Movement. RETIRED(Wrong Backpropogation)
Best Ranking: 101 (When using KNN)
- NN bot set on Havoc with a NN special to robocode. My current bot. RETIRED(Wrong Backpropogation)
Best Ranking: 120
Best Ranking: 67(Because of a performance enhancing coding mistake)
Best Ranking: 56(It is falling down because I test my bots against ColdBreath)
- Pure NN Bot. Uses multiple NN's in movement. Very clean code and modular design. Very easy to add new things.
Best Ranking: 56(Once it passed ColdBreath)
- Roboneural: There are Neural Networks designed for robocode in this project and SwordOfFire, ColdBreath uses it.
- Grapher2D: Using an Auto Encoder, this bot will try to show the 5D movement profile in 2D.
- OculusRammer: Couldn't find a good name yet but I want this bot to be the best rammer.