(Redirected from Lemondrop)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Don't underestimate the power.
|Movement||Random Movement & Stop & Go|
|Released||May 2, 2010|
- Bot Name
- When is LemonDrop coming out of BETA?
- Version 1.6 (released 25 May) is the official non-beta version.
- What's so special about it?
- It's my first robot which implements a small, but effective (against small bots) Random Movement. Most lightweight pattern matchers have a very difficult time hitting it. It also has multi-mode movement that runs random movement for two rounds, and then stop & go for 2 rounds and determines which performed better. It then uses the better-performing movement for the remainder of the time.
- How competitive is it?
- Fairly - it's #40 in the microrumble and #242 in the general rumble. It has won 85% of battles in microrumble.
- Where can I get it?
- Just click the download link to the right.
- Version Information:
- 1.0 - Pattern Matching, Random Movement, Infinity lock
- 1.1 - stronger movement algorithm, strengthened wall avoidance
- 1.2 - strengthened movement even more, changed gun a wee bit ;), corrected small glitch
- 1.3 - small gun tweaking, better wall avoidance, stronger movement, narrow lock radar
- 1.4 - multi-mode movement, fixed "sticky-wall glitch" by reverting to previous wall avoidance
- 1.5 - a few fixes and most importantly added some antiram, improved gun/slimmed code a little
- 1.6 - a LOT of bug fixes, fixed antiram, improved movement, removed unneccessary snippets of code
- How does it fire?
- Pattern Matching
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- A few static variables including symbolic state, effectiveness of movement methods, movement to use, and a couple others because they use less codesize :p.
- Where did you get the name?
- It just came to me :P
- Can I use your code?
- Absolutely. It's RWLPCL. I commented the code a lot to make it easier to understand, but it's slightly compressed to save codesize so you might have to pay semi-close attention. You can view the code by clicking the source link to the right. You can see more free code / tutorials at my code snippets page.
- What's next for your robot?
- wall smoothing for sure, possibly a new gun, fixes against some bots, some tweaks so it can do good in melee (V 1.8 will prob be melee)
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Thorn, Raiko, and any other bots that use GuessFactor Targeting, uCatcher (will be fixed in next version), Acero (yeah - that head on bot, still working for a fix for it :/)
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- I used a slightly altered version of Robar's BlackWidow gun.