Robocode/Learning from Robots
This page suggest that you learn from other robots by downloading and examining the source code of robots.
Learning from other Robots
By now, you should know how to use the Robot editor and create robots. If not, you should follow the My First Robot Tutorial first. You will also want to look at some tutorials.
Eventually, though, you'll want to learn by examining code written by others. Some authors graciously include the source to their robots, and you can examine these robots using the Extract downloaded robot for editing tool, in the Robot Editor:
Simply select the robot you want to extract...
Then click Extract to extract the .jar to the robots directory..
As you can see, the files in this example were extracted to C:\robocode\robots\rapture\. You can now open them up and look at them in the Robot Editor:
- System Requirements for Robocode
- How to download and install Robocode
- The anatomy of a robot
- Getting started with Robocode
- My First Robot Tutorial
- Robocode Game Physics
- Scoring in Robocode
- Using the robot console
- Downloading other robots
- Package your robot
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Articles about Robocode
- Starting Robocode from the command line
- Graphical debugging
- Using Eclipse as IDE
- Creating a project for your robots
- Creating a robot in Eclipse
- Running your robot from Eclipse
- Debugging your robot with Eclipse