DustBunny, the nanobot anti-gravity bot with good power and target management. Now with an Infinity style gun.
|Released||June 4, 2009|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It's a Anti-Gravity Movement melee bot with decent power management and a probably soon to be nano random/linear gun.
- How does it fire?
- Linear Aim the decreases linearly over range.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It doesn't, but Anti-Gravity Movement is hard to pattern match and very hard to linear aim at. The movement is very strong.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing that it should, but a little leftover movement code that gets rolled out in a few turns.
- Where did you get the name?
- It's small and cute and moves around like a dustbunny being blown in a breeze.
- Can I use your code?
- Go for it.
- What's next for your robot?
- It needs a little tuning still. I'd also like to find 2 bytes and enter it in 1v1.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- None - it own the PL crown as well not losing to anyone.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- It used Infinity's gun modified, and other modified antigrav code, but mostly it's its own entity.
The latest version, 3.6.2, uses a new, more compact movement scheme that is 4 bytes smaller. I added some code to have the walls push it in a sine pattern over time to help with its circle of death dance in 1v1. That moved it from 45/55 against Lib to 75/25 in 1v1. I'm testing a linear gun locally now that looks VERY promising. We'll see if it passes the research gauntlet and gets published.
New Version, 3.7 - Removed the end-game code of 3.6.2 and put in Infinity's gun. That moved it to first place. Yeah, Dustbunny!
Version 3.8 - Shrank gun a bunch. Added Max firepower of 2.4999 code. Re-added FieldDimensions code so it could enter the rumble. Turns it, it stinks at 1v1. This will not be an overall best nanobot because it cannot destroy weak bots with ease. :)
- 1 Nano Melee
- 7 Micro Melee
- 17 Mini Melee
- 57 Rumble Melee
Test bed results per version
For fun, here's how this bot has evolved over time. It goes to show how much is achieved from little changes in melee
|Version||Dev Type||Lib 1.0||Infinity||Dr Bob||Gem184||M Seed||K Ninja||Grofvuil||Graviton||Walls 1.0||SubTotal||Total||Comment|
|DustBunny 3.8||Public||53.78||52.87||50.75||53.11||52.11||55.89||55.55||55.28||68.98||55.37||55.37||100.0 seasons|
|DustBunny 3.7||Public||53.69||51.79||50.93||52.79||52.24||56.25||55.57||54.70||68.22||55.13||55.13||100.0 seasons|
|DustBunny 3.6.2||Public||52.80||50.27||49.52||50.45||50.52||53.99||54.31||53.20||66.88||53.55||53.55||50.0 seasons|
|DustBunny 3.5||Public||52.57||49.54||49.20||49.98||51.30||53.11||54.61||53.17||66.49||53.33||53.33||50.0 seasons|
|DustBunny 3.1||Public||51.66||50.73||49.62||50.57||50.68||53.23||53.89||52.89||66.45||53.30||53.30||51.0 seasons|
|DustBunny 4.0||Public||49.75||49.17||47.90||49.66||49.22||53.39||53.36||52.48||65.56||52.28||52.28||50.0 seasons|