Freya was the goddess of love, marriage, and fertility. As a battle-goddess, Freya rides a boar called Hildisvín the Battle-Swine. She loved battle, and would laugh at it whilst in bed with her lover, Odin. As a deity of the dead, Freya was entitled to half the warriors killed in battle, the other half going to Odin.
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement|
- What's special about it?
- Freya is a classic, well-rounded bot.
- How does it move?
- Uses a variation of Minimum Risk Movement, mainly based on the descriptions of Melee Strategy/Understanding Coriantumr and Melee Strategy/Understanding HawkOnFire.
- How does it fire?
- Freya uses a version of MiniWodan's implementation of a GF gun, adapted for melee.
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- The melee strategy currently does not differ from one-on-one strategy. As its movement is tweaked for melee, its movement in one-on-one battles is only average.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- All GuessFactor data on the opponent. No data saving between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- All my bots are named after the Norse gods and as I think melee battles call for a bit more subtlety, i choose the name of a female (warrior) god. Hopefully this helps ;) See the Wikipedia entry for a complete description of this interesting goddess.
- Can I use your code?
- No, Freya is closed source.
- What's next for your robot?
- Nothing for the moment.