|Targeting||Gilgalad's targeting strategy|
|Movement||Gilgalad's movement strategy|
- What's special about it?
- My first "good" bot. (Meaning its code is not a huge mess)
- It is the best robot that doesn't use Rednaxela's kD-Tree.
- It is the first robot to use Variable bandwidth in surfing.
- It was one of the first robots to use Precise Positional MEA in targeting.
- How competitive is it?
- As of 06/07/2013 it is ranked 3rd in the 1v1 general rumble.
Thanks go to the following people (the list is in no way complete and will probably never be so) :
- Voidious -- Wave Surfing tutorial, and various ideas from Diamond.
- Rednaxela -- Precise intersection and forcing me to improve my kD-tree ;).
- Strength in numbers.
After adding about five new classification schemes to my movement, I thought this made sense.
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, it is released under the FreeBSD license. (The source is in the jar file and the license should be at the top of each .java file)
- What robots is it based on?
- The code is my own, but I did get ideas from other robots. See the credits for more details.
- What's next for your robot?
- for the immediate future:
- bug hunting
- Rewrite some movement code.
- an R-tree is in development.
- Use a boosting algorithm for movement
I also plan to try LtL targeting and movement (secret), and Neural networks.