|Released||19 June, 2009|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- This bot is the big brother of Pugio. It uses my invention called Adaptive Oscillator Movement. I try my new developments of it in this bot.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- See infobox.
- How competitive is it?
- Quite good. It's the 14th in the microrumble and 147th in the main roborumble. It scores 46% against Toorkild which is an unbelievable fact for me. ;)
- How does it move?
- Statistical Adaptive Oscillator Movement.
- How does it fire?
- GuessFactor Targeting based on Aristocles's version but with different segmentations and more codesize-friendly weight. :)
- How does it dodge bullets?
- The sin-based oscillator movement sets its frequency according to the actual stats.
- How does the melee strategy differ from One-on-one strategy?
- The melee strategy is to avoid melee battles. ;)
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds it saves the visit count stats for GF (and everything else, too, because static variables cost less codesize :P), between matches nothing.
- Where did you get the name?
- Gladius is the bigger brother of Pugio. Pugio is the Roman dagger, Gladius is the Roman sword. Quite straightforward, isn't it?
- Can I use your code?
- What's next for your robot?
- * Optimize segmentation
- * Optimize distancing
- * Optimize firepower management
- * Improve movement in general(e.g. add segmentation or smooth stat bins)
- * Give his colors back :D
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Top 13 and all the bots they perform better against. :D
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Aristocles's GF gun with different segmentations and much lower codesize.
- Pugio's movement in micro-design. ;)