|Targeting||Symbolic Pattern Matching|
|Released||V1: 6/17/09 Cur: 7/17/09|
|Best Rating||1732.8 in nano|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It's our first nanobot!
- I like to think our system of switching direction 80% of the time is a slightly unique way of picking a direction, keeping it slightly random, but also allowing it to move away from the walls most of the time, but it's likely been done before.
- I'm also trying something new with the PM gun. Normally, it has a depth, and each time it can't find a pattern, it drops the search depth by one. But, just for fun, I drop it by 2, hoping it will lead to less skipped turns. But in all my tests it seemed like it made no difference at all.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- Version 1.3: http://robocode-archive.strangeautomata.com/robots/spinnercat.Kitten_1.6.jar
- Version 1.4: http://robocode-archive.strangeautomata.com/robots/spinnercat.Kitten_1.6.jar
- Version 1.5: http://robocode-archive.strangeautomata.com/robots/spinnercat.Kitten_1.6.jar
- How competitive is it?
- Pretty good, version 1.4 was 18th in nano rumble.
- Version 1.5: 13th in nano rumble.
- How does it move?
- Basically random. Moves when it fires. When it moves, it turns mostly perpendicular to its enemy, and moves either forwards or backwards. 80% of the time it will move the same direction as before, and 20% of the time it will switch (This helps it to not get stuck on the walls, as once the direction is flipped, it has an 80% chance of moving away). It is supposed to be as random as possible and still be a decent dodging strategy.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Every time it fires, it moves a random distance.
- Where did you get the name?
- I was thinking of "little cat" which naturally becomes kitten!
- What's next for your robot?
Some bullet power management would probably be useful.Switched to 2.5 power, which helped it a bit, I doubt i'll find the code space to have real power management.
- Can I use your code?
- Of course, RWPCL. Just don't use the whole thing and claim it as your own.
- And if you find an innovative way of reducing the code, I would love to hear!