- The Nat Public Robot License (NPL) 2.1
Redistribution and use in binary forms under the same name and package are not limited in any way. Use of the robot's source in another robot, with or without modification, is permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Robot come with unmodified source code from this robot MUST NOT defeated this robot in any way without its author permission in writing.
- You must give credit to the original author, both on robot's page and code comment, also in end-user document if any.
- Any improvements that make the robot under this license better SHOULD be sent to the said robot's author, but the sender still owned their improvement and the robot author MUST give the sender a credit if the robot author use sender's improvement.
- You are allowed to make a closed-source robot base on the robot under this license as long as it has proper credit stated in rule #2.
- Any code credited to other authors are their property and as such does not fall under this rules of the NPRL, but instead under the original license (including, but not limited to, RWPCL) provide by original author.
- Any source code of this robot, with or without modification, are not allowed to enter in any competitions except RoboRumble without author permission in writing.
- This license doesn't apply to any of personal robots, in that such case you don't need to follow this rule. But if you are publishing the robot through any media (including, but not limited to, the Internet and any competitions), this license MUST be followed.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BEATING ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ROBOTS) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Other robot authors are welcome to use this license for their robots.