|Targeting||Multiple Choice Pattern Matcher|
|Movement||Stop And Go, Random Movement|
|Current Rating||2035 (2008-11-27)|
After seeing Kev release a multiple choice pattern-matcher (Needle) I realised that Waylander's throne might be under threat. I immediately got to work on shrinking Waylander, and ended up at a fully functional 586 bytes, albeit with the matching switched from velocity-deltaheading to Lateral Velocity-Advancing Velocity. With almost 200 bytes to play with it was fairly simple to add in finding more than one match, and then multiple-choice. I even added a few things that I don't believe Needle has, such as making sure that you never find the same match twice ( it seems it does....oh well ;-) ).
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
Very. No 1 in micro by a margin of over 20 points on it's first release. The first micro to get to The 2000 Club/Micro
How does it move?
StopAndGo, which switches to RandomMovement if it loses in the first 3 rounds. Creds go to Thorn for the StopAndGo idea.
How does it fire?
See the description.
How does it dodge bullets?
It does StopAndGo to fool HOT, LT and CT. If it loses in the first 3 rounds it switches to RandomMovement, in an attempt to fool all the GF bots and pattern matchers out there.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
This is a purely 1v1 bot.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds it saves the patterns and whether to use StopAndGo, between matches nothing. Due to both codesize and filesize restaints.
Can I use your code?
Under the following terms:
- Your bot MUST be OpenSource.
- You give credit in your code, and in any documentation of your bot.
- Pleeaase don't just take my bot, tweak it and release it under another name. Rather tell me about the changes, and I'll give you credit. =)
What's next for your robot?
- Not matching between rounds, or replaying between rounds. -- DONE
- Using 3 power bullets when the enemy is easy to hit
- Firing from the next location instead of the current location
- Dynamic distancing - maybe I should get this working in Waylander first, huh?
- Anything else I can fit in....
Does it have any WhiteWhales?
Smoke, Aristocles, Thorn, RaikoMicro
What other robot(s) is it based on?
a highly shrunken Waylander