Jump to navigation Jump to search
- /Archived Talk
|Movement||Wave Surfing via Dynamic Clustering|
|Code License||Public domain|
What's special about it?
- These days, not much. In days gone by, it open-sourced Dynamic Clustering.
How competitive is it?
- Fair to middlin' - in the 30's
How does it dodge bullets?
- It tries to Wave Surf without stats buffers.
- Collect the 'features' an enemy would see in Chalk's movement. (velocity, distance from wall, etc, etc...).
- Determine the historical scans that are most like Chalk's current move.
- Use these scans to avoid predictive behavior.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Its collection of movement and enemy movement patterns along with 'feature' weights.
Where did you get the name?
- I found myself back at the drawing board and the name felt germane.
Can I use your code?
What's next for your robot?
Does it have any White Whales?
- After thinking about what it means to be a White Whale, I've decided Chalk doesn't have one. There's no single bot that drives him to the edge of insanity. For the most part, he gets a good night sleep, pays his taxes, and is thankful he's come as far as he has.
- However, he takes regular beatings from any of the following packages:
- abc, ags, apv, ar, axeBots, chase, cx, davidalves, dft, florent, jam, jcs, jekl, jk, kawigi, kc, krabb, mue, pe, pedersen, pez, ph, pulsar, rc, rz, simonton, stelo, tide, trab, voidious, wcsv, zyx
What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Chalk was built using everything I could absorb from this wiki. Specifically, it's movement grew from peeks at Pugilist, CassiusClay, RaikoMX, Cyanide and DarkHallow.
- Its gun was inspired from the description of Tron's Gun. Apparently, Musashi, SilverSurfer and Ali implement the same sort of thing.