|Targeting||Pattern Matching with decoupled velocity and delta-heading|
|Movement||Stop And Go which switched to Random Movement|
- 1 Description
- 2 What's special about it?
- 3 Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- 4 How competitive is it?
- 5 How does it move?
- 6 How does it fire?
- 7 How does it dodge bullets?
- 8 How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- 9 = What does it save between rounds and matches?
Decado was the evolution of Waylander. I had the idea that perhaps looking for seperate patterns in the velocity and angular velocity would make it learn faster, but there was an unexpected side effect: when there are no patterns in the angular velocity (eg. perpendicular movement) it still finds patterns in the movement. I had discovered the ultimate wavesurfer killer. After adding the MusashiTrick it was way over codesize, so I went about shrinking, and before I knew it I was 15 bytes below the limit. So I added in a 'favorite' distance of 500 pixels, which resulted in 3rd place in the Micro Rumble?. I may try a stop-and-go movement (inspired by Thorn), but that is not the priority as I will now be working on a minibot.
Edit: StopAndGo has been added (since 0.2), replacing the Musashi Trick. It paid off, and got me to 3rd in the MicroRumble.
What's special about it?
see "How does it fire?"
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
3rd in MicroRumble, with a rating of 1924. 10th in MiniRumble
How does it move?
How does it fire?
My own super-duper-fancy lightweight pattern matcher. Originally it matched by looking for seperate patterns in the velocity and the rotational velocity, but now I've taken out the rotational velocity search and it seems to perform better. So now it matches on velocity, but keeps rotational velocity data as well.
How does it dodge bullets?
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
This is a purely 1v1 bot.
= What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds it saves the patterns, between matches nothing. Due to both codesize and filesize restraints.
Where did you get the name?
According to David Gemmel, Decado was a swordsman who joined a militant temple of 30 other warrior priests. Beat that :-)
Can I use your code?
Sure, but under the following terms:
- Your bot MUST be Open Source.
- You give credit in your code, and in any documentation of your bot.
- Pleeaase don't just take my bot, tweak it and release it under another name. Rather tell me about the changes, and I'll give you credit. =)
- Use of this code without my personal permission in ANY competition WHATSOEVER is strictly prohibited.
What's next for your robot?
- Tune the movement some more. Maybe the wall bouncing
Does it have any WhiteWhales?
Smoke Fhqwhgads RaikoMicro Aristocles, #$&*#%^ RAMBOTS!!!