Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement||Minimum Risk Path|
- What's special about it?
- Not much right now. I hope it reaches the top ten in the melee rumble someday.
- Also, as far as I know, it is the first bot to use minimum risk path movement, a variation of minimum risk movement.
- How does it move?
- Minimum risk path movement. It's like minimum risk movement, but instead of evaluating a set of points, you evaluate a set of paths. Every tick, find the best path and start moving towards the first point on that path.
- How does it fire?
- How does it dodge bullets?
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee ?
- It uses an implementation of Shadow's melee gun to calculate the best firing angles from a set of targets.
- Where did you get the name?
- I was looking through the repository one day, trying to find a category of names that had not already been taken that I could use for my robots. I realized that there were no storm robots, like Hurricane, Tornado, or Cyclone. So my robots will be named after storms.
- Can I use your code?
- It is not open source right now. I'm planning on releasing the source code when Hurricane is done.
- What's next for your robot?
- A lot. I have a really cool idea for the gun that I want to try out. And my movement code is far too slow, I need to speed it up. And I want to implement Wave Surfing someday.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- I got a lot of ideas from Glacier, and Diamond and Gaff were also major influences. Also, big thanks to Rednaxela for his kd-tree.