Module is a simple bot structure that can be extended to create your own bots. There are many other approaches (AbstractBot, PluggableRobot...) and most of the mega Bots use some kind of modular architecture.
- Ease of maintenance
- Reusability capacity
Module is also intended to be the reference for the beginners to see the different techniques through a reusable parts repository.
Download Module and take a look at the class ExampleBot that extends Module to see how it works. Then look at the packages movement, targeting etc. to see the implementation that comes with the example. Now you can build your own independent reusable parts for your bots using the Module structure, or check the parts repository to learn new techniques.
The following parts define the bot behavior in Module.
- Movement: Move and turn the bot
- Gun: Choose the power of the bullet and fires
- Targeting: Turn the gun to aim the enemies
- Radar: Turn the radar to scan the enemies
- SelectEnemy: Select the current enemy from the list of enemies in the battlefield
- Special: Do whatever you want in that parts
- Information about the enemies
- Information about my own bullets
- Information about enemy bullets
- Graphical debug of the parts
- Module is released with the license RWLPCL
- Each part of the Parts Repository can have its own license
- V0.2 Now special parts can be activated/deactivated
- V0.1 Initial version