Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement||Oscillator Movement, Pattern Movement|
|Code License||Eclipse Public License v1.0|
- What's special about it?
- MyFirstRobot is a Sample Bot that is very similar to the default code (located in
robocode/templates/newrobot.tpt) when creating a new robot through the Robot Editor. The only differences are the contents of the
- How competitive is it?
- It is the fifth-best sample bot in MeleeRumble (after Walls, Crazy, SpinBot, and MyFirstJuniorRobot). It ranks at #379 out of 399.
- How does it move?
- It moves in an oscillating "seesaw" pattern. It moves forward 100 units, then backward 100 units.
- How does it fire?
- It attempts to fire a 1.0-power bullet whenever it scans an enemy.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- When hit by a bullet, it turns perpendicular to the bullet. This logic is quite bad, as the angle-to-turn is not normalized, and the robot stays in the same spot while turning.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing and nothing.
- Where did you get the name?
- It's a very basic robot.
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, it is released under the Eclipse Public License v1.0.