User:Voidious/Robocode Version Tests
One of the changes slated for Robocode 18.104.22.168 is a new
updateMovement() method, which determines the velocity of each bot based on their commands and the rules of Robocode. I'm running some extensive tests on the 22.214.171.124 Alphas and 126.96.36.199 so that we can compare. The main discussion about these changes has been taking place at Talk:Robocode/Game Physics, while some discussion of these tests is going on at User talk:Voidious/Robocode Version Tests.
The score % is for the first bot listed.
Alphas 2, 3, 4
- Alpha 2 uses the old decel through zero rules (can go from -1 to 1 or -0.1 to 1.9).
- Alpha 3 uses the proposed new rules (splits the tick into decel and accel portions, eg -1 to 0.5 or -0.5 to 0.75).
- Alpha 4 caps maximum velocity at 1 when decel through zero (-1 to 1, -0.5 to 1, -0.1 to 1).
- Turns out all these Alphas contained an inconsistency compared to 188.8.131.52 rules, so they were scrapped for more Alphas and more testing.
|184.108.40.206||Alpha2||Alpha3||Alpha4||1.6 & A2||1.6 & A3||1.6 & A4||A2 & A3||A2 & A4||A3 & A4||Battles||Comments|
|Diamond vs Barracuda||99.51||N/A||99.52||N/A||N/A||+0.01||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||500|
|DrussGT vs Barracuda||99.15||N/A||99.15||N/A||N/A||±0.00||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||500|
|Diamond vs DevilFISH||96.73||N/A||96.79||N/A||N/A||+0.06||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||500|
|DrussGT vs DevilFISH||99.07||N/A||99.07||N/A||N/A||±0.00||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||400+|
|Diamond vs Komarious||70.61||70.38||71.08||70.67||-0.23||+0.47||+0.06||+0.70||+0.29||-0.41||500|
|DrussGT vs Ascendant||57.85||58.04||58.25||58.06||+0.19||+0.40||+0.21||+0.21||+0.02||-0.19||500|
|PrairieWolf vs DuelistMini||42.40||45.92||47.96||42.06||+3.52||+5.56||-0.34||+2.04||-3.86||-5.90||500||PrairieWolf has a +1/-1 vibrate mode. Both save data.|
|Raiko vs Toorkild||59.92||60.20||60.18||60.03||+0.28||+0.26||+0.11||-0.02||-0.17||-0.15||500|
|Raiko vs Moebius||70.93**||73.05||71.71||72.60||+2.12||+0.78||+1.67||-1.34||-0.45||+0.89||500||** 1000 battles|
|Toorkild vs Moebius||65.54||65.40||65.54||65.42||-0.14||±0.00||-0.12||+0.14||+0.02||-0.12||500|
|DrussGT vs Diamond||56.16||56.26||56.58||56.25||+0.10||+0.42||+0.09||+0.32||-0.01||-0.33||500|
Alphas 8 & 9
- Alpha 8 uses the old decel through zero rules (can go from -1 to 1 or -0.1 to 1.9).
- Alpha 9 uses the proposed new rules (splits the tick into decel and accel portions, eg -1 to 0.5 or -0.5 to 0.75).
|220.127.116.11||Alpha8||Alpha9||1.6 & A8||1.6 & A9||A8 & A9||Battles||Comments|
|Diamond vs Komarious||70.61||70.67||70.73||+0.06||+0.12||+0.06||500|
|DrussGT vs Ascendant||57.85||57.68||58.11||-0.17||+0.27||+0.43||500||0.43 is NOT "very" red...|
|PrairieWolf vs DuelistMini||42.40||44.49||45.07||+2.09||+2.67||+0.58||500||PrairieWolf has a +1/-1 vibrate mode. Both save data. I think there's just a weird / huge variance in one or both of these bots.|
|Raiko vs Toorkild||59.92||60.11||60.00||+0.19||+0.08||-0.11||500|
|Raiko vs Moebius||70.93||70.53||72.43||-0.40||+1.50||+1.90||1,000|
|Toorkild vs Moebius||65.54||65.26||65.42||-0.28||-0.12||+0.16||500|
|DrussGT vs Diamond||56.16||56.19||56.42||+0.03||+0.26||+0.23||500|
Bot versions used: