- Version History - PhoenixOS - PhoenixDC - PhoenixRRGC - Phoenix Challenge - Archived Chat 20061122
- What's special about it?
- It was announced and "in development" for ~3 years before initial release.
- How competitive is it?
- Extremely - it's #10 in RoboRumble General 1v1.
- How does it fire?
- GuessFactor Targeting and Virtual Guns, with an Anti-Surfer gun and a general purpose gun.
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- It uses a Minimum Risk Movement in melee.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- Not sure...
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds, everything. Between matches, it saves Virtual Guns scores and some information used in flattener enabling decisions.
- Where did you get the name?
- It was born "from the ashes of Duelist", like a Phoenix.
- Can I use your code?
- No, Phoenix is closed source. An older version of Phoenix has been released as open source in PhoenixOS.
- What's next for your robot?
- David hasn't been Robocoding for a while, but Phoenix is a reference bot in the Anti-Surfer Challenge.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- None directly.