Robocode/Add a Robot Project
This page describe how to add a robot project from another IDE into Robocode.
Adding your Robot Project to Robocode
Start up Robocode and select Preferences from the Options menu, select the Development Options tab, and then type in the path to your robots project.
Click Finish, then start a new battle (and perhaps press F5 in order to refresh the list of robots), and voila! There's your robot.
You can edit your robot in Eclipse as much as you want. Just remember to save it (CTRL-S) before switching back to Robocode. Robocode will use the latest compiled version, every time you start a new battle.
Eclipse is very powerful, and will assist you greatly in writing robots (or anything else, for that matter). For instance, try hitting CTRL-SPACE when you can't remember the exact wording of something:
Using Eclipse IDE
- Using Eclipse as IDE
- Creating a project for your robots
- Creating a robot in Eclipse
- Running your robot from Eclipse
- Debugging your robot with Eclipse
- System Requirements for Robocode
- How to download and install Robocode
- The anatomy of a robot
- Getting started with Robocode
- My First Robot Tutorial
- Robocode Game Physics
- Scoring in Robocode
- Using the robot console
- Downloading other robots
- Learning from other robots
- Package your robot
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Articles about Robocode
- Starting Robocode from the command line
- Graphical debugging