I'm a 27 year old Software Developer. I first started RoboCode in 2005 after realizing what I really liked best about games was developing a system that would win. I would start a turn-based game following mechanical rules, then if I thought I could improve my system I would start all over & try again. Then once I had a winning system I'd play the game through once or twice, feel happy, then get bored, often after mind-numbing sessions of clicking buttons with little thought. When that self-awareness hit I thought, "I should find a game where I can write my own AI & let it play out!" If I remember right, it was my first google search that turned up RoboCode, and it was a perfect fit. Too perfect, as many addicts can agree.
- WeekendObsession - A pattern matcher that once held the NanoBot 1v1 throne.
- WeeklongObsession - A pattern matcher that once held MicroBot 1v1 throne.
- WeeksOnEnd - A 1v1 pattern matcher that once held the MiniBot 1v1 throne.
- LifelongObsession - MegaBot pattern matcher.
- GFNano - Not actually a GF gun, but its behavior is very close to it. Segmented on lateral velocity and lateral velocity last tick, all in a NanoBot.
- GFMicro - my first traditional GuessFactor / VisitCountStats gun, a MicroBot
- MeleeSeed - Sometimes holds the NanoBot Melee throne (there's a lot of drift).
- Sprout - Usually holds the MicroBot Melee throne, and is often 3rd place in the MiniBot]s
- RoboResearch - I am the founder and main contributor. This may be my best contribution to the Robocode community. Come join me in working on it!
- /PMResearch - Some intense research into how good I can make PatternMatching.
- /DCResearch - Some intense research into how good I can make DynamicClustering targeting.
- /PFResearch - Some intense research into how good I can make path-finding wave surfing.