|Code License||Eclipse Public License v1.0|
- What's special about it?
- VelociRobot is the only Sample Bot (and possibly the only bot ever) to extend
RateControlRobot, a superset of TeamRobot. This means that it has uses a different API and robot control paradigm than normal AdvancedRobots. For instance, instead of specifying the distance to move with
setAhead(), it specifies how fast to move indefinitely with
setVelocityRate(). There are similar methods for control of base rotation, gun rotation, radar rotation, etc.
- How competitive is it?
- It's the third most successful sample bot in the RoboRumble general 1v1. It doesn't perform as well in melee, though.
- How does it move?
- It alternates between the two options every 32nd tick:
- Move forward at 4 units/turn.
- Move backwards at 6 units/turn.
- When hit by a bullet, it turns a bit.
- How does it fire?
- It is constantly rotating its gun/radar at 15°/tick, and if it happens to scan another robot, it will try to fire a 1.0-power bullet.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It attempts to move in a confusing pattern.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- No explicit target selection.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing and nothing.
- Where did you get the name?
- Its movement code uses velocities instead of distances.
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, it is released under the Eclipse Public License v1.0.