Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It's my first robot after a 9 year break!
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- What is its basic strategy?
- Like its little brother Caligula, Claudius focuses on beating the very exploitable bots by as large a margin as possible at the expense of its matchup against stronger bots.
- How does it move?
- It has three movement modes. First it tries orbiting the opponent at full speed, then reversing direction on bullet fire, and if all else fails random movement.
- How does it fire?
- It uses the nano-sized symbolic pattern matcher popularized by WeekendObsession, but with some major improvements for a pretty small codesize increase. Claudius matches on lateral velocity and advancing velocity and uses more accurate prediction to avoid shooting into walls.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Claudius has what i suspect is one of the better bullet-dodging schemes in the micro division. It even simulates enemy gunheat to avoid being fooled by wall collisions.
- Is this robot melee-capable?
- Not in the slightest.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- The only relevant information that it saves between rounds is the targeting log for its gun and which movement mode to use. It saves nothing between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- Claudius was the next emperor after Caligula.
- Can I use your code?
- What's next for your robot?
Lots of minor tweaking. The random movement has undergone very little refinement.
- Modify the weekendobsession gun to match on advancing velocity and use a more play-it-forward type prediction so it won't shoot into the wall.
- First release