Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Targeting||Dynamic Clustering, using Guess Factors|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It's my first bot that could be called competitive besides LunarTwins.
- It's the second bot to use precise wave intersections (first being Garm, and it's usage of the technique was unknown to me at first).
- It's to my knowledge the first surfer to fire virtual waves based on enemy gunheat, 2 ticks before the energy drop is detected. (DrussGT has attempted to adopt this too starting at version 1.1.0)
- It's the one of the better surfers against Ram Bots out there, and doesn't even use any special cases for Ram Bots or close range. Not even normal Dive Protection.
- I think it's the first bot to successfully combine a guessfactor gun and a Pattern Matching gun via Crowd Targeting to make a gun stronger than either alone.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- Over here! Can't you see the infobox? :)
- How competitive is it?
- Well... RougeDC willow seems to have a stable ranking of 46th as of August 21, 2017, which is certainly nothing to scoff at... Used to be 12th before a flood of new bots mixing everything up.
- How does it move?
- Orbital Wave Surfing movement. Changes attack angle in an attempt to controlled the distance.
- How does it fire?
- My very own, fancy gun, which focuses on a form of Crowd Targeting and is primarily a Dynamic Clustering-GuessFactor gun, with a Pattern Matcher thrown in sometimes.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- As mentioned above, Wave Surfing :)
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Saves all surfing and targeting data across rounds, nothing across matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- Well, it's a silly play on my handle "Rednaxela", translating the shortening "Red" into the french word for the colour. DC stands for Dynamic Clustering as that's the main thing I'm using for stat handling
- Can I use your code?
- Well, I'm releasing it under the RWPCL, but I' strongly advise you, that the best way to really fully understand algorithms is to implement them yourself...
- What's next for your robot?
- Nothing in particular. I may use RougeDC as a testbed for minor tweaks that could be applied to any bot, or some bugs may get fixed, but there are new creations in the future that should surpass RougeDC with ease.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Some of it's utility code is derived from code I did in early unreleased bots and LunarTwins
- I'm using the "Fast Iterative Wall Smoothing" by Voidious
- My "wall distance" code for the segment in the gun, is partially based on Simonton's implementation.
Besides that all the code is from scratch.
Credits also go to:
- ABC for inventing Wave Surfing
- Paul Evans for creating GuessFactor Targeting
- Skilgannon for making the comment that caused me to discover how great it is to use virtual gunheat waves 2 ticks before the Energy Drop is detected
- Voidious for a some inspiration in how to handle distancing
- Simonton for inspiring me with DCResearch and Single Tick Pattern Matching
- And everyone else on the wiki who has helped me along the development process :)