Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What's special about it?
- I submitted j.SynapticBot 2+ to the original IBM Alphaworks Rumble in the Beginner class.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- Get it from Robocode Repository: j.SynapticBot 2+.
- How competitive is it?
- It reached the semi-finals , where it was bested by Ares, the Beginner class winner. Overall, it ranked 5th in the Beginner class. It's not currently active in the rumble since it's retired.
- How does it move?
- It uses Anti-Gravity Movement with randomly placed attraction points to keep it from getting stuck or holding still. It gradually closes to ramming distance if its energy is significantly greater than the opponents'.
- How does it fire?
- It uses a slowly changing scalar to pick where to shoot between Head-On Targeting and Linear Targeting.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Random Movement makes simple targeting mechanisms, including pattern matching, reasonably inaccurate.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Where did you get the name?
- Based on my usual user name.
- Can I use your code?
- If there's some demand I'll consider posting it.
- What's next for your robot?
- Obscurity! I've moved on to bigger, better bots.