Wow, v 3.15.155 beat Shadow, Dookious, GresSuffurd, Ascendant, Etna, Firebird, WaveSerpent!:) Crossing my fingers...:) --Jdev 08:53, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
Just wanted to say nice job with Tomcat - I only just noticed its strong performance against top bots. 57% vs both Dookious and Pris, and giving Diamond some tough battles (which is what caught my eye) - very nice! Might be time to throw it into my test bed. =) --Voidious 22:18, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you, Voidious:) And here big room for improvements, so be careful;) And Diamond already in my test bed:)
Congratulations for making the top 20. I've been trying to catch you with XanderCat, but so far you have remained consistently a few steps ahead of me. :-) Your scores against Pris and WaveSerpent are amazing. I finally came up with a flattener that helps me against the top bots, but I'm still a long ways from where you are at. I can't seem to find any way to improve my scores against DrussGT, Diamond, or Scarlet. -- Skotty 23:11, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
Thank you, Skotty:) Breath of XanderCat is like wind in Tomcat's sail:) --Jdev 04:25, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
Very nice work! Looks like Pris has a new nemesis... --Darkcanuck 03:58, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
Congrats from me, too - and to Skotty as well! You guys have really stormed up the rankings of late. It's great to see so many active bots at the top of the rumble. --Voidious 04:12, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
Thank you too:) I think soon breath of Tomcat will accelerate Nene and we make our own TOP-3 with black jack and... you know:) --Jdev 04:25, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
Good job on top 20. I remember how I felt when I broke that. But I think you are expecting a bit much from Nene's developer. I haven't been particularly active since reaching 11th-ish with Nene. — Chase-san 05:20, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
Chase, let speak, when Tomcat will be at 14-13 place:) --Jdev 05:27, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- Unfortunately you are now riding the exponential difficulty curve from 20 up. — Chase-san 08:18, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- I know, but i did not implement yet bullet shielding, multiply wave surfing and really good movement yet. Also i didn't put any effort in gun improvement --Jdev 08:25, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
Top-5 ! Congratulations ! You really rocketed up the rankings. --GrubbmGait 12:15, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
Thanks, but it's not the end - i'm pretty sure, that i get 3rd place after my vacation:) And then i will take part in race for throne, i hope:) --Jdev 13:19, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
Way cool! Go for that throne. -- PEZ 13:38, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
Wow, congrats dude! Yes, yes, please go on vacation now. ;) --Voidious 14:05, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
Oh nice, passing Scarlet, nice work. I suppose it is high time I got back to work and finished writing my robot... Is what I would like to say, however my movement has so many things I have planned for it, and getting any one of them done requires a complete redesign (again). But they should really push her up the ranks. (Also Nene uses a gun from 2004, should fix that eventually) — Chase-san 15:08, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
Oooh, congrats! Maybe I should try to find time amongst class keeping me busy...
Thanks for all again:) And it will be cool, if my achievments encourage anyone to development:) --Jdev 09:29, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
Just notice today, that i already have 137 development versions on Tomcat
It's about 1.5 versions per day
Who has more?:) --Jdev 06:47, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
I have many, many more than that. =) -- PEZ 09:41, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
But it's number must be divided by 7-8 years:) --Jdev 10:00, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
True, but I have ratio of 2.6 bots per day since I activated Nov 1. =) -- PEZ 10:30, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
Ok, you win:) --Jdev 10:37, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
And when do you both find the time to test these versions? Since I use RoboResearch I test more (1 per week), but improve less ;-P --GrubbmGait 10:45, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
For me quick test (1 battle against every bot in RR) takes about about 1.5 hours.
Also Distributed Robocode output intermediate results after every battle and i wrote simple program which can compare results between same challenges for different challengers, so i can stop testing early, if results after several tens of battles looks worse comparing to last release --Jdev 11:10, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- At least he will release less often. :-D But you're right, I fear for my skinthick top 10 position. --GrubbmGait 15:27, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure I'll release less often. =) I currently only have one machine (my laptop) that I can run battles with and I prefer to let it run rr@h. RoboResearch will come in handy of course. But I have to fix a problem with my RAM capsules, because right now I can't make RoboResearch run a full challenge. Don't think anyone needs to worry all that much about my bots for a while. I do have a few ideas on what would make a difference, but I really don't have time to realize them. Hence, I'm trying to squeeze out some performance gains from CC by making smaller "calibrations". -- PEZ 07:40, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
A bit of a delayed response, but I've got 1274 dev versions of Diamond since May 2009, so I guess you've got me beat per day (~1.4). =) I'm not sure where I tucked away all my dev versions of Dookious and Komarious, and I'm not sure I had a versioning scheme that made it as easy to tell dev versions from real ones back then anyway. --Voidious 03:10, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
I had 389 test versions of Nene, during the period I was working on her. Of which the best of each usually became an MC#. Of which I had 2 versions, Standard MC and MC2k7 versions (meaning about 778 if you want to count them separately). Timestamps show this covered about a month of time. 7/22 to 8/25. But my computer is enough of an Überrechner that I could test all those in a meaningful period of time. — Chase-san 06:12, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|The Cats||26||21:28, 31 December 2016|
|Tomcat's logo||2||21:22, 28 November 2011|
|Tomcat's future||11||13:23, 17 November 2011|
I'm not competing with you anymore. lol. Nice job. You even have the PL crown right now, so long as you can keep that tiny edge on DrussGT. Gonna go hang out with PEZ now.
Thanks and i'm sure, that you and Chase soon get inspiration and time and we will make our own TOP-3 with black jack and ... you know:)
Hi, I think that chase-san will keep his promise. Mint is in the top ten.
Really ? Do you expect me to come back after 4 years and re-enter the top-10 again ? And that 3 weeks before NewYear . . .
Why not. What else to during the New Year celebration :) This year the rumble was quite, let's shake it up.
No worries, Mint is just a refactor/cleanup of Nene, so soon as it reaches the same rank I am going to pull Nene out, meaning your bot will reenter the top 10, unless someone pushes you another spot further down.
All I have left to do really is to re-add multiwave surfing and it should be as good or better than Nene.
Very nice logo there! I think that makes for the most impressive robot logo in robocode history :P --Rednaxela 06:05, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
Ok now i can say, that Tomcat reach 15th place. And it's means that easy level is completed and now starts really hard challenge. And there is future plans of Tomcat's development:
- Research kNN vs RS - i think it will first thing, which i will do. But my bycicle inventor's soul encourage me to implement my own vantage tree to NNS
- use in targeting same data source choose algorithm, like in movement. I think this will be second thing
- NN or GA approximator for simple (HOT, Linear and Circular) guns
- return to my new single-tick PIF gun research, which give me 66% hit rate against Crazy and 99% against Walls
- make real good movement (100% against HOT, >99% againt DevilFish and DoctorBob)
- try to implement RS/kNN-GF gun
- Bullet shielding. I leave it at the end, because this points i can get with gurantee. For Tomcat it's more significant improvement, because he successfully exploit information about places, where enemy is not fire
- Multiple wave surfing. I leave it lasty with same reason. Please, who done this, say how much APS you get with this improvement
Good job, and don't worry, if you get too close i'll write a gun and just jump up into the top 10 (Nene uses Raiko's gun, who ranks #85).
Though I don't want to, as I have so much more work to do in the movement.
Wow, that's one hell of a gun update. Nice work, and congrats on top 10!
Interesting, but change RS to kNN in movement give me -1 APS... So getting to club 2100 postponed a little:)
Congrats! I think you are the first one to ever push Shadow out of the top-10! And you are making it harder for me to reach top-5 (if I ever get the time).
Another idea to try: every time, when info about enemy fire angle collected, calculate intersection between profiles produced by hit & visit logs with same segmentations. Theoretically, intersection area must correlate with quality of segmentation. Or, if it can be executed in bounds of turn limit, generate every tick random segmentation, build visit and hit logs with this segmentation and see, how they intersects. In both cases use visit logs with segmentation with best intersection
As for the gains from multiple wave surfing. I don't know the APS figures, but I know this: When I about ideas for how to improve my bot (on Google Plus), Voidious mentioned this as his first item. I'm sure that must mean something. =) That said, CassiusClay does surf multiple waves, in a very simple manner (weighting each wave based on proximity).
Next week my girlfriend going to business trip for a week, so... it's all ok and no reason to spend time on robocode (looks to Voidious and Skilgannon :))
But Tomcat begins its hunt. So...
List to closest todos with high probability of improvements:
- If it's possible, go on current wave to position, starts from which allows pass safest point on current wave in best direction on second wave
- Devide current gun to virtual guns array with main and AS guns
- implement multiply wave surfing
List of future plans for investigation:
- reimplement with new vision my single tick pif idea and try it for targeting and precise enemy movement prediction in movement
- play with idea of guess factor pattern matching or use gf pattern as context for kNN-PIF